STANDARDS FOR PERMIT ISSUANCE AND CONDUCT OF PARADE
Failure to comply
with the following is a violation of the parade ordinance and may result in immediate removal of the unit(s) from the parade
or in denial of future parade permits.
1. The parade will not substantially interrupt
the safe and orderly movement of other traffic near its route.
2. 2. The parade will not divert, impede or
interfere with emergency vehicles or personnel to the extent that normal emergency service is jeopardized.
3. The parade is scheduled to move from its
point of origin to its point of termination without unreasonable delays in route. The movement of the parade shall be subject
to the control of the chief of police or his/her designee. All units shall be required to maintain a forward progress.
4. The parade shall be accompanied by designated
and identifiable persons serving as parade monitors, (4) for every (1) parade units with safety vest, (we will furnish them
) who will walk alongside the parade to ensure that spectators keep safe distance from parade traffic. No candy will be thrown by walkers.
5. No alcohol will be allowed in the staging,
on any unit or by participants on the parade route.
6. No motorized parade vehicles will be allowed
to pass other parade units on the parade route.
7. Units containing any flammable materials
or fabrics shall be equipped with a minimum of a 2 ¾ lb. A.B.C. fire extinguisher. Additional requirements and spot inspections
may be conducted by the City Fire Marshal.
8. The parade is of sufficient interest to
the citizens of Santa Fe as to justify the temporary closing of the public roadway to vehicles and pedestrians.
9. This year candy can be thrown from floats,decorated
vehicles etc. with proper documents on file.
10. Your advertising is encouraged as long as it is in good taste.
** IN ORDER FOR YOU TO BE JUDGED AS AN ENTRY
YOUR NUMBER MUST BE PLACED ON THE DRIVERS SIDE
OF YOUR ENTRY (YOU WILL GET YOUR NUMBER WHEN YOU CHECK IN) **
The awards will be presented at Santa Fe High School
on December 12th. at 9:00 PM
PLEASE RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS